Thursday, November 10, 2005

Welcome Jim O


Jim O- Performing his weekly show at the Friers Club in LA.

Jim was the Band Manager and a key figure in the promotions of the many events.
Jim also performed as the opeing act for the band.


Jim has continued to work "The Business", he has a successful career woking in LA.

I recived this e-mail from Jim O :
I am posting his thoughts untill he is logged on to the BLOG
He has some gret things to say and some Ideas.
Roxie

Below are Jim O thoughts and additions to our faded memories:

"Steve Maruzzelli played Guirtar and Chris Maruzzelli played drums for a CBGBs gig in hmmm...I know I can find the date, but don't remember it now. I think it was Halloween- I think 1989. I had to be on the air at Rock 107, so I couldn't go. But I remember the rehearsal and Brian teaching the songs to Chris and Steve."

"I have pretty good info from the time when I was around, but I will have to reconstruct dates from a box of stuff. NO VIDEO TAPES, though! I still have jumper cables used at several shows in the trunk of my car. "

"I want to say that I was the sometimes opening act, and write things like this:"Sometmes I still blame myself for not doing more to help Roxanne hold the band together. I was afraid that my then new girlfriend would think I was insane when she met the everybody. Ironically, it turned out that she already knew you guys! But by that time I had to start working more hours at the radio station and drinking full time. Radio, drinking, and my relationship with my future wife consumed all my time."Let me know how I can post if you'd like me to! "

"I'll put a link from jimo.tv, which is actually the first place Psycho Nurse existed on the internet in the form of a gig photo on my celebrity photos page."

"I have always wanted to do a documentary on the band. I have it all planned out in my head and I am fully equipped to do it. And soon, I should have the time. The biggest challenge we would face would be locating original footage. "

"If you can do that, I will help you make a documentary! I will edit everything. You can be the director. Like Ed Wood! Let me know about it."
-JimO'


Posted by Roxie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Intresting BLOG
I am bookmarking it.
CW

10:40 AM  
Blogger Rockit said...

I was at that gig. I played drums. It Halloween Night. I think I was like, 20 years old at the time. I had no idea the craziness I was going to see that night. It's a musical memory I'll never forget! I can still remember all of the songs. I have the recording from that night. Thanks for the memories, Rox!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home